It’s graduation season, which means a lot of job-hunting is going on. Of course those looking for their first journalism job are on the market, but so may be those who got their first job a year or two ago and are now ready to move on. So there’s a lot of fluidity in jobs soon to come.
So if you’re looking, here are seven free job sites to check out:
- All Access for radio jobs
- Broadcast Image Group searches for talent for client stations; free for job-seekers in on air, producing or management
- B&C, the trade journal, Broadcasting and Cable
- JournalismJobs.com covers a multitude of communications jobs; click on tabs for specialties
- Mashable primarily covers digital but includes all journalism, advertising, IT and marketing
- MediaBistro includes a wide variety of professions; search by tab/industry
- RTDNA includes primarily radio and TV jobs
All of those above are free. Of course, many paid services abound such as TVJobs.com, MediaLine and NewsBlues. Professional organizations such as SPJ and ONA offer job services accessible only to members.
If you know of another helpful free job listing for journalism jobs, please let readyreporter know: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.